I’ve often pondered Lara bars, and how they get the apple pie and cherry pie ones to taste exactly like a bite of apple or cherry pastry, and now I know. Whoever came up with them is a genius. Dates. Who’d of thunk?
Last week, I posted a delicious recipe for Homemade Apple Pie Lara Bars, that are so yummy. Today, I give you cherry. Breaking: There are even fewer ingredients in these bars, and once again, you just pulse everything in a food processor.
- 10 pitted Medjool dates (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup unsweetened dried cherries (also from Trader Joe’s)
- Add the dates to a food processor or high-powered blender like a Vitamix and blend. Add the almonds and cherries and pulse until combined – there should be small bits of nuts and cherries remaining, but not too big.
- Press the dough into a small pan (I used an 8×8) lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight) and then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month in the fridge. These also freeze well. Enjoy!