Well guys, this is just one of the best salads I’ve ever taste. Sweet, tangy homemade dressing that comes together in a moment, with simple ingredients. It’s a lot like a traditional poppyseed dressing (without the poppyseeds.)
Throw in some strawberries, mandarin oranges, sliced red onions, feta cheese, and candied pecans and you have yourself a filling and delicious side dish for your dinner plans.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
For the salad:
- 8 cups of mixed greens, spinach, or arugula
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup candied pecans or walnuts
- In a blender, combine the sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, onion, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until well combined.
- With the blender on low, slowly pour in the avocado oil through the opening of the cover. Mix thoroughly.
- In a large salad bowl, place greens, onion, strawberries, and drained mandarin oranges.
- Just before serving, mix in the feta and pecans, pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Enjoy your salad!