I don’t have much to say about this recipe, other than that it is hands down the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever found. I’ve made it twice now, and both times the cookies turned out uniform and amazing– all because of one special and kind of weird ingredient: corn starch.
The secret to excellent chocolate chip cookies is to never, ever overbake them. 8 to 9 minutes, TOPS. Even if they look gooey and undercooked, they will keep cooking on the cookie sheet once you pull them out of the oven, and then they will remain soft for days.
I appreciate the recipe, from Apple A Day. I will never use another chocolate chip cookie recipe again.
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.
5 thoughts on “My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I totally agree about not over baking your cookies. I bake mine for only 6 minutes lol!!! the cookies are all doughy at 1st (right after u pull them out of the oven) but I stick them on a plate and put them in the freezer for an hour and then after that, they're perfect!! and they stay perfect for a long time. but when you over bake a cookie, they're only good the 1st hour after they come out of the oven and then they get way to HARD and crunchy.
AnickH- That's right! Thanks for the comment and for visiting!
These cookies were wonderful on day one and a week later they are still as chewy and wonderful. This has become my go to cookie recipe
So glad they turned out so well for you, Sarah. Thanks for the comment and for visiting!
This is hands down the BEST Chocolate Chip recipe ever…… I made this one a few years ago and I pass it along to someone people… I will never make anything other than this!!