These peanut butter chocolate bars from The Girl Who At Everything are the very definition of decadence. Probably a million calories a square, as soon as I saw the ingredients list, I knew they would be dangerously delicious.
They are full of the following: Yellow cake mix, butter, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate. How can you go wrong? They are glorious. And very, very fattening.
Next time you’re laying around in your sweat pants having a major PMS moment- or, even better- next time you’re pregnant, make yourself up a batch of these babies and you’ll feel much better.
They are super easy to make, so they’re sort of perfect for either of those occassions. I know I’ll be making some next time I’m pregnant. 😉
1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used crunchy- it was amazing)
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (optional…I did not use it)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut(if using).
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.