My friend Leina hosted a cookie exchange/princess party for Christmastime (cookie exchange for the adults, princess tea party for our daughters) which I thought was a brilliant idea.
One of the cookies that she made was a buttery, soft, ah-mazing chocolate cookie. The second I put it in my mouth, I could tell by how delicious it was that it was full of all sorts of bad-for-you-goodness. I should have known it was a Paula Deen recipe!
If you haven’t tried these cookies yet, you must do so, immediately. And if you are on any sort of diet, make sure that you have somewhere to send them, or get your dish soap ready.
Every single thing about these cookies is melt in your mouth delicious.
Recipes from Paula Deen (and my friend, Leina)
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting