|Hearty slow cooker beef stew|
My friends all (well not all, but most) hate me for this but FALL IS COMING! YAY! My favorite time of year! I can’t wait for boots and apple cider, and pumpkins, and the smell of pine, and warm, comforting dinners like beef stew.
Today I tried a new recipe for slow cooker beef stew, and it was definitely a keeper. I will be using this recipe from now on. It reminded me a lot of the stew my grandpa used to make. So thick and hearty and comforting. With lots of extra carrots. 🙂
The best part about beef stew? You throw it all into the crock pot, turn it on, and come home 8 hours later to dinner- done! I serve this with dinner rolls and salad. So good.
The only thing I changed about this recipe was to do corn instead of peas. Other than that there was not a thing I would change. It was perfection.
Recipe from movitabeaucoup
- 2 lbs of stewing beef, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped into large pieces
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of red potatoes, cut into one inch pieces, no need to peel
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups sodium reduced beef broth, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 thoughts on “Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew”
Hello! Love your site, gotta try that Apple Fritter Bread. Never heard of it. With this stew, I noticed corn in the picture. I suppose that’s optional. Keep up the great blog!
Hi Linda- Yes, the corn is something I threw in there last minute. (Highly recommend) Thanks for the comment and for visiting!