I’ve made lemon sticky buns before, but had yet to try the lemon monkey bread.
Maybe because I’m such a sucker for the traditionalism of cinnamon monkey bread with it’s sticky caramel cinnamon sauce.
I guess I was in denial that there was other monkey bread out there.
This lemon monkey bread is wonderful.
Buttery, crunchy, and packed full of lemon and sugar flavor, it is sure to please the lemon lovers in your life. I believe I’m going to have to drop this off at my mother’s house tonight.
The best part about this recipe is that just like most monkey breads, which are made with refrigerated biscuit dough, it is easy! It is made with store bought frozen Rhodes rolls (which I always have in my freezer for soup nights) which are drizzled with butter, sprinkled with lemon zesty sugar and drizzled in a lemon glaze.
Lemon to the absolute max.
The sweet yet tart and bright flavors will make this a hit, so get it into your oven and make it for your next potluck, brunch, BBQ, or whatever!
My kids really loved these too, which is odd, because they don’t usually like lemon desserts. I guess they’re really just that good. God bless you, Six Sisters, for this amazing recipe!
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
- 12 Frozen Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls (or other frozen rolls), thawed but still cold
- zest of two lemons
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Citrus glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cut rolls in half and place in a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest and sugar; set aside.
- Drizzle ¼ cup melted butter over rolls and sprinkle on zest/sugar mixture, reserving half of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking.
- Cover rolls with saran wrap and let rise until doubled in size.
- Remove saran wrap and sprinkle on remaining mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over top of rolls.
7 thoughts on “Easy Lemon Monkey Bread”
Just wandered onto your site and I absolutely adore it. So beautiful and I love all your recipes!
Thank you so much for the compliment! 🙂
Wow! Super fan of anything with lemons, these look gorgeous. I must try them! 🙂
Hope you do! I was surprised at how much I liked them!
so delish! Bummed that we don’t have frozen rolls like this in Sydney – or if we do, I have never seen them.
That is a total bummer! Check your freezer section though. I had never seen/noticed Rhodes Rolls until I had to seek them out for a recipe a couple of years ago.
I will do but Australia seems to lack so many of the things I see on US blogs 😦