Oh joy, football season is upon us, and it is my absolute favorite time of year. Time to cheer my Seahawks on to victory, bundle up in cute scarves and tall boots, eat pumpkin-spiced things, and narrowly avoid rear-ending somebody 4 times a day because I am so easily distracted by the beautiful fall leaves.
Also, Fantasy Football time.
My husband is in soooooo many FF leagues. And by sooooo many, I mean like 3, but still, that’s a lot. I like Fantasy Football, but I can easily limit myself to one league, thankyouverymuch. (2014 Champion in da-house!) Tonight he is going to his second draft party in 3 days, and he needed a dessert to bring that would feed a crowd. I needed not to have to go to the grocery store and to work with what I already had in the pantry.
Enter cake mix peanut butter bars. Wow, these could not be easier you guys! You mix together a little peanut butter with some eggs and cake mix and BOOM. Dessert. The frosting is simple and delicious and you wind up with absolute chocolate peanut butter perfection.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, this one’s for you, kid.
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 15.25 ounces Yellow Cake Mix
For the frosting:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray and line with a parchment paper sling.
- In a large bowl combine 1 cup of peanut butter, water and egg in large bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in cake mix until combined. Batter will be very thick. Spread into prepared pan. *tip* a slightly wet spoon or rubber spatula works great for this.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Cool completely. Spread frosting over cooled bars and serve.
- Put first three ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add chips.
- Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and cooled.
One thought on “Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars”
Was that supposed to be 5 Tablespoons butter, instead of milk?