A bowl of cereal, a s’more, and a cookie, all rolled into one- that’s the way Martha Stewart herself describes the famous cookies from Momofuku’s Milk Bar Bakery. And that’s exactly what they are.
My husband came home from work last week describing this cookie, and we immediately started googling. We found so many different variations, but they all had pretty much the same ingredients, and they all resulted in this crispy, flat cookie.
These cookies have it all. Butter. Brown sugar. Chocolate, Marshmallows, The crunch of the cornflakes. They are seriously some of the best cookies I’ve ever had.
You need to follow the instructions on this exactly, paying special attention to the chilling and mixing times.
These things are crazy good and super dangerous to have around the house- make sure you have somewhere to take them to share, or you’ll eat them all!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 cups Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for 7 minutes.
- On low speed, mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Scrape down sides and, still on low speed, paddle in the Frosted Flakes and chocolate chips until just incorporated (30-45 seconds), then stir in the marshmallows as well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Measure 1/3 cup portions of dough (using a 2 oz. ice cream/cookie scoop) onto the pan. Pat tops of dough mounds flat. Wrap the pan tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 week. (Do not bake at room temperature!)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees and arrange the chilled dough onto parchment/siplat lined baking sheet(s) at least 4 in. apart.
- Bake about 18 minutes, until browned around the edges and beginning to brown in the center. Cookies will puff, crackle, and spread.
- Cool cookies completely on pan and enjoy!