Okay guys, just for August first, here is the perfect no-bake dessert to beat the heat. Cream cheese combined with whipped cream, lemon juice and zest, and juicy blackberries in a perfect vanilla cookie crust. 20 minutes and it’s chilling in the fridge.
It’s creamy, just the right amount of sweet/tart, and best of all, you don’t have to turn on your oven.
And beautiful, to boot!
Recipe from Let’s Dish
- 30 Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry jam, melted *and cooled*
- In a food processor, pulse cookies to form crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse to combine. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat for one minute. Mix in the lemon juice and zest and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread into the prepared crust.
- ** Make sure the jam is cooled before spooning, so you don’t have a soupy mess. Spoon the blackberry preserves over the lemon filling. Swirl gently with a sharp knife. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 4-6 hours.