I love fun and easy breakfasts, and these cinnamon roll Christmas trees were too adorable for me to pass up. They use just 3 things- a package of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls, with the icing, some green food coloring, and some Christmas sprinkles.
I have three cinnamon roll loving, Christmas loving kids and I knew they would be super excited to have these for a quick school day breakfast. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. These are super quick and easy enough for a weekday morning.
Honestly, I think it takes more time to make toaster waffles.
Anyway, my kids went crazy over these.
Make absolutely sure you buy Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and not a store brand. They need to be the kind that you can unroll.
If you’re feeling extra nice, you could even let the kids decorate their own trees.
They’d be great for Christmas Eve morning, Christmas morning, or an Elf on the Shelf arrival morning. Oooh! Or the morning you go out to pick out your Christmas tree. Or just any morning during Christmastime.
Have a very merry Christmas, friends.
Recipe from The Pinning Mama
- 1 Tube Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 Drops green food coloring
- Assorted Christmas Sprinkles (including yellows for “stars” or M&Ms, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Open the cinnamon roll tube and separate out the icing and the rolls. Don’t remove the rolls from the fridge until you are ready to shape them.
- Unroll your first roll and shape into a tree by starting at the base of the tree and making a 2-2.5″ line of dough and then curving it up to make the next row slightly smaller, and repeating until your dough is gone.
- Bake as directed on the package until golden brown.
- While the rolls bake, mix the food coloring into the icing until you achieve desired color.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven once they are done and let cool 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the green icing evenly over the top each row then sprinkle with the sprinkles then place yellow sprinkles or m&ms on the top for a “star.”
One thought on “Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Christmas Trees”
Omg these look Delicious! Absolutely love Cinnamon at Christmas time, definitely gonna try these x