Make this crustless cranberry pie, and it will will be the best thing you put in your mouth this fall.
And, wait for it….
It will be the easiest dessert you throw together this fall, too.
It is all the things that make a dessert great. Sweet and tart. Moist and crunchy. So many flavors and textures, all in one fabulous dessert.
Don’t have a cast iron pan? No problem. Make this in a 9 inch pie dish with equal success.
Just make it.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch cast iron skillet, or 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Melt your butter in a glass bowl or measuring cup. After you add in the butter to your bowl, set the measuring cup aside (don’t put the eggs in the same cup) Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. The mixture will be very thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Take your measuring cup with the melted butter residue and add 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Stir the sugar around to soak up any butter residue left in the cup. Sprinkle the buttered sugar on top of your batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
One thought on “Crustless Cranberry Pie”
I love cranberries and I love this recipe!