I absolutely refuse to be one of those people who thinks pumpkin pie is just for fall.
When it comes to pumpkin pie, I subscribe 100% to the keep it simple theory. I have been making the exact same pumpkin pie for years. Same crust, same recipe on the back of the Libby’s Pumpkin can. I can almost whip one of these out in my sleep, and I make about a million of them the week of Thanksgiving alone.
I got this super cute custom stencil made for my by Amy’s Cakery on Etsy. After the pie has completely cooled, spray the back of the stencil with cooking spray, place it on your pie, dust with powdered sugar, and lift.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell- I use this recipe.
- Whipped cream (optional) * except not.
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.